This is a fantastic opportunity to be Company Secretary to both The Schools of King Edward VI Foundation and The Schools of King Edward VI Multi Academy Trust. You will be joining us at this very exciting time in the journey of both the Foundation and our schools as you ensure that we are compliant with all statutory requirements under the Companies Act, along with all other related legislation and mandatory requirements.
For the full job spec please view the following:
Please email the below application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting into the Academy Finance Manager, your role as Finance Manager will be to lead with all financial management and financial queries for up to four Academies.
Specifically the Finance Manager will be required to:
- Support the Head, staff and Governing Bodies ensuring that relevant and accurate financial information and advice is provided on a timely basis and in line with the agreed reporting timescales.
- Working with both the internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective and cost efficient use of resources.
- Prepare management accounts and budgets for the Schools and present the reports to the Budget Committees.
The Successful Applicant
The Finance Manager will have:
- An ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent qualification.
- At least 3 year’s experience in a similar finance role.
- Knowledge and proficient use of computerised accounting packages for both posting of transactions and the export of reports (experience of using PS Financials would be a significant advantage).
- The ability to lead and produce management accounts and budgets to tight deadlines.
- Strong numeracy, analytical and accounting skills.
- The ability to work on your own using own initiative and as part of a small team with a flexible and personable approach. Taking a proactive approach to support the needs of colleagues and the wider business.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Competent in using MS Word and excellent Excel skills.
- Keen interest in working within an educational or charity environment.
- Access to vehicle as expectation to travel between various sites.
What’s on Offer
Salary range of £40,000 – £45,000 (dependent on qualifications and experience).
Pension up to a maximum 8% employer contribution to DC Pension Scheme.
Holidays 22 days plus 4 concessionary days plus bank holidays.
For more information and to apply please visit: http://www.michaelpage.co.uk/job-detail/finance-manager/ref/13795073