The schools of King Edward VI should be rooted in the communities that they serve and be responsive to the nature of those communities. In particular, all of the schools are committed to making themselves as accessible as possible to all pupils, whatever their background or circumstances
Statement of Values
The following principles are fundamental to the Foundation and its schools:
- Raise aspirations, providing opportunities and giving confidence alongside excellent academic standards.
- Widen access and transform lives for all young people, no matter their background.
- Encourage open-mindedness, equality for all, honesty, fairness, understanding and accepting the views of others
- Create a love of learning, which will foster creativity, imagination and the capacity to communicate.
- Instil a sense of community and the desire to support and work with others.
- Build character and relationships, along with a sense of morality, care and respect for others.