The schools of King Edward VI should be rooted in the communities that they serve and be responsive to the nature of those communities. In particular, all of the schools are committed to making themselves as accessible as possible to all pupils, whatever their background or circumstances
Statement of Values
The following principles are fundamental to the Foundation and its schools:
- Raise aspirations to transform the lives of young people and to enhance the well-being of individuals and the community.
- Give young people the chance to live rich, fulfilled lives and to contribute to society.
- Provide more than the teaching of knowledge and skills.
- Develop curiosity and independence of mind.
- Create a love of learning, which will foster creativity, imagination and the capacity to communicate.
- Provide the chance to participate in sport, music, drama, outdoor pursuits and involvement in the wider community.
- Build character and relationships, along with a sense of morality, care and respect for others.