Click on the links below to learn about each topic in the KS2 Design.
|1. DESIGN||Design Criteria||Design Generate|
|1. Design Cycle||1. Generate|
|2. Design Criteria||2. Prototype|
|3. Innovate||3. Pattern Pieces|
|4. Functional||4. Drawing|
|2 EVALUATE||History of Design & Technology||Own Products||Existing Products|
|1. Shape the World||1. Design Criteria||1. Investigate & Analyse|
|2. Key Events|
|3. TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE||Mechanical Systems||Structures||Electrical Systems||Computing in Products|
|1. Linkages||1. Improving||1. Components||1. Programme, Monitor & Support|
|4. MAKE||Materials & Components||Tools & Equipment|
|1. Material Types||1. Cutting|
|2. Functional Properties||2. Shaping|
|3. Aesthetic Properties||3. Joining|
|4. Mechanical Properties||4. Finishing|
|5. Electrical Properties|
|6. Bought Items|
National Curriculum :-
Pupils should learn to:-
- DT2/1.1a use research and develop design criteria to inform the design of innovative, functional, appealing products that are fit for purpose, aimed at particular individuals or groups
- DT2/1.1b generate, develop, model and communicate their ideas through discussion, annotated sketches, cross-sectional and exploded diagrams, prototypes, pattern pieces and computer-aided design.
- DT2/1.3a Investigate and analyse a range of existing products
- DT2/1.3b Evaluate their ideas and products against their own design criteria and consider the views of others to improve their work
- DT2/1.3c Understand how key events and individuals in design and technology have helped shape the world.
- DT2/1.4a Apply their understanding of how to strengthen, stiffen and reinforce more complex structures
- DT2/1.4b Understand and use mechanical systems in their products
- DT2/1.4c Understand and use electrical systems in their products
- DT2/1.4d Apply their understanding of computing to programme, monitor and control their products.
- DT2/1.2a select from and use a wider range of tools and equipment to perform practical tasks accurately
- DT2/1.2b select from and use a wider range of materials and components, including construction materials, textiles and ingredients, according to their functional properties and aesthetic qualities