King Edward VI Five Ways School
Originally sited on the Hagley Road at Five Ways, the school moved from its congested location in 1958 to its attractive 30-acre site in Bartley Green, seven miles to the southwest of the City Centre, bordering Bartley Reservoir and looking out to Frankley Beeches.
In September 2003, the School became the only mixed free Grammar School in the West Midlands. The school has an international outlook for girls and boys for ages 11-18, and has around 1150 pupils.
Today, as the largest mixed grammar school in the West Midlands it offers a broad curriculum that is appropriate and relevant for its boys and girls. Parents advise us that one of the many benefits is that their children enjoy being in a mixed school.
It is one of the top five mixed grammar schools nationally.