Surviving and Thriving – Staff Hub
A collection of resources that may be helpful for King Edward VI Birmingham colleagues including teaching staff, non-teaching colleagues working in schools and centrally, and middle and senior leaders.
Resources for staff to help support students with:
Please seek help from a professional or a support organisation if you find you are struggling.
Colleagues can also use our employee assistance service, provided by Medigold, which includes:
- Access to a 24/7 helpline, manned by trained counsellors, offering confidential advice and support on a range of matters, for you and members of your family over the age of 16.
- If required, employees can be offered 6 counselling sessions at no additional cost.
- Details of how to contact this service directly are available in the King Edward VI Foundation Basecamp HQ and in your school or office.
King Edward VI Foundation Birmingham are not responsible for the content of the resources linked from these pages
- Prioritising wellbeing: putting yourself first – Optimus Education Blog post – includes reflective practice; wellbeing framework advice; flow; and personal choice
- Teachers Looking after yourself is essential not optional – Professor Tamsin Ford of The University of Cambridge, and Research Chair at Place2Be, explains why it is so important that teachers look after both their mental and physical health.
What else would you like to see here? Let us know
This hub was created in January 2021 with resources and graphics supplied by the pastoral team at King Edward VI Handsworth School for Girls.